Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mountain Biking Skills Session

Finally, after three months of hiatus, my full suspension bike, the Ibis Mojo tasted the local dirt. I took it to the world famous I-5 Colonnade for couple of hours of intense skills practice. The park is usually empty during the work days, when I run through it on my lunch breaks. But it was empty on a Sunday afternoon, in the winter when most real mountain trails are covered with snow here. Or are there so many good winter coastal destinations where all mountain bikers go? A guy I met at I-5 said that it gets "a little busier" in the summer months. The place rocks and I cannot thank enough those many people who must have spent hundreds of hours building the sweet tracks here, so that two guys could have the whole park to themselves on a sunny winter afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment